Have you seen the new Artscroll Interlinear Chumash? It’s great! They have two volumes done: Bereishis and Bamidbar. Two additional volumes are scheduled to be done in 2008 and the last volume in 2010.
With the interlinear version you can easily follow the Hebrew because the English is right below it and if you are stuck on a Hebrew word or phrase, the translation is right there.
The Torah, Haftaros and Five Megillos with an Interlinear Translation and a commentary anthologized from the Rabbinic writings.
The prayer of thousands has already been enhanced by the revolutionary Schottenstein Edition Interlinear prayer books - Now announcing, by popular demand the chumash everyone has been waiting for! It features the same easy-to-follow word flow you've enjoyed in all ArtScroll Interlinear volumes.
With the Interlinear Chumash
- The translation is always right in front of your eyes.
- Your concentration is always focused.
- You'll maintain your place in the Hebrew during the Torah reading in shul.
- You'll know immediately what a word or phrase means.
- You won't be distracted by an obtuse or unfamiliar Hebrew word.
- A patented arrow system comfortably directs your eye in the right direction.
Each volume in the Interlinear Chumash features:
- A Newly-reset, crisp, large size Hebrew text of the Chumash, Targum Onkelos and Rashi's commentary
- Contemporary English translation below each Hebrew word
- Interlinear Haftaros
- Insightful commentary culled from classic sources, adapted from the popular Stone Edition of the Chumash
- Helpful diagrams and illustrations
- Long-life embossed binding
Note: Interlinear means: Written or printed with different languages or versions in alternating lines.